- Every 30 seconds a child dies from malaria.
- Malaria is a preventable disease.
- Ten dollars buys a long lasting net that protects a child for 3-5 years.
MicaGem is offering to purchase one net for Project Mosquito Net for every bottle of their Humana line purchased. One bottle == One Net.
Mica Gem has joined a movement of people trying to improve the quality of life of those less fortunate around the world. Through their limited fragrances, Humana Man and Humana Woman, for every bottle of Humana fragrance sold they will donate a mosquito net to a child in need. A child you may never meet, but a life you have helped save.
So if thinking of purchasing a gift for Valentine’s Day, birthday or the holidays give one that continues to give and help provide mosquito bed nets to those who need them.
To learn more about the Humana line and to purchase go to http://micagem.com
- Today is Blog Action Day and it all about Human Rights – Distribution of 1000 nets in September 2013
- Today April 25th is World Malaria Day
- Transparency – GiveWell declares Against Malaria, our bed net partner, the most transparent developing-world aid organization we’ve seen to date
- Highlights of Net Distribution 2008 – Report from Akado Medical Center
- Blog Action Day 2008 – Poverty and Malaria
- 6000 Nets Have Arrived in Kenya for Distribution in June 2007
- Over Half Way to our Goal of $4000 – Help Us Reach Our Goal
- Akado Clinic Plans Assessment for 2007 Distribution
- Project Mosquito Net Joins Against Malaria
- Swim For Malaria Provides Us With 6000 Nets
- White House Holds First Ever Malaria Summit